6 months ago
TIL that continents move at the same rate fingernails grow
TIL 6% of the land in the US lower 48 states is worth more than all the rest of the 94% of the area
TIL: The entire 3 season run of Jackass aired in less than a year
TIL in 2000 a man looking for a barber chair at a garage sale purchased a two deteriorated boxes of items for $45. He later found the boxes contained 65 glass plate negatives from photographer Ansel Adams worth $200 million.
TIL Any word, when repeated multiple times consecutively, loses its meaning and starts sounding weird. This is called semantic satiation. It happens because the brain ceases to recognise it as a word and breaks it down into sounds.
TIL artist Binh Danh develops photographs directly on to leaves, using the natural combination of chlorophyll and sunlight. Also, TIL that’s possible.